Anwar ul Bayan
انوار البیان فی کشف اسرار القرآن مولانا عاشق الہی بلند شہری
Author: Mufti Muhammad Ashiq Ilahi Muhajjir Madni
Maulana Ashiq Ilahi al-Barni was one of the great contemporary scholars of 2 century passed away in Madina Munawwara where he stayed for almost two decades and dedicated his life to the teachings of Quran and sunnah. He also taught in various educational institutes and madaris in India and Pakistan.
Some outstanding features of this tafsir:
– simple, straightforward, and easy to understand;
– provides explanation of the Qur’an through the Qur’an, authentic hadiths, statements of the Sahaba, and the exegesis of the great Imams of tafsir;
– completely avoids Israelite traditions;
– references are rendered in detail;
– various contemporary issues are discussed where considered necessary;
– Asbab un Nuzool (explanation of the circumstances of revelation) have been duly explained, where applicable
Overall, it is a highly esteemed scholarly work and a very useful reference.